Purpose of the Award
To acknowledge and honor an outstanding West Virginia Physical Therapy Association member whose contributions to the profession of physical therapy are of exceptional and enduring value and representative of the dedication and service provided by Nancy Tonkin.
The nominee must be a member (PT or PTA) of the Chapter for a minimum of 10 years and has made a significant contribution to the physical therapy profession.
Members of the Executive Committee (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Chief Delegate and PTA Caucus Representative) are not be eligible for the award during their term of service.
The Nominee shall have made substantial contributions to the Physical Therapy profession in one or more of the following areas:
• Demonstrated prominent professional leadership and helped to advance the interests and objectives of the physical therapy profession.
• Obtained state or national recognition and respect as a result of professional activities
• Helped to advance the physical therapy profession through education, practice, research, or advocacy
• Served as an accomplished professional role model or mentor, and helped other WVPTA members to reach their highest potential.
Procedure for Nomination
Any member of the Chapter may nominate a candidate for this award.
The complete packet, containing all materials listed below must be sent electronically and received by the Chapter office: by December 1.
The following materials must be submitted electronically in a single pdf file:
• One (1) primary letter of support from the nominator (WVPTA member), indicating the reasons for the nomination and clarifying the relationship between the nominator and nominee. The support letter must state how the nominee meets one or more of the four (4) bullet points under the above selection criteria.
• An additional support letter from another individual who does not have to be a WVPTA member but who can speak to the nominee’s contribution to the physical therapy profession.
• The nominee's updated curriculum vitae or resume