The following information has been provided to us by HIGHMARK WEST VIRGINIA. They have sent out communication via mail and electronically, but as a courtesy of WVPTA, we are also trying to spread the information to our members.
To Learn More About the Physical Medicine Management Program and to enroll in the upcoming Webinars Please visit NaviNet Plan Central or access the Highmark West Virginia website at: www.highmarkbcbswv.com
Educational Session Planned
Webinars are planned for hospitals, skilled nursing facilities and select providers (providing physical therapy, occupational therapy and manipulations) to learn more about the Highmark West Virginia Physical Medicine Management Program. The audience for the webinars includes: Network Participating Physicians (Medical Doctors and Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine), Doctors of Chiropractic, CRNPs, Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists. Network participating hospitals and skilled nursing facilities are also encouraged to attend these sessions.
Enroll today, Space is limited; pre-registration is required. Determine the date and time you wish attend.
Webinar Dates and Times:
- Monday, July 23, 2012 - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 8:00 am - 9:00 am
- Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Thursday, August 2, 2012 - 8:00 am - 9:00 am
- Tuesday, August 7, 2012 - 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Friday, August 10, 2012 - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held at the St. Mary’s Center for Education in Huntington, WV on Monday, June 18, 2012 to commerate the opening of PT program. The physical therapy program joins other programs in nursing, medical imaging and respiratory care that St. Mary’s Medical Center and Marshall University already partner in. The doctoral program was approved in 2009 by the Marshall University Board of Governors.
The West Virginia Physical Therapy Association received the award for the 2012 Outstanding Small Chapter during the recent APTA meeting in Tampa, Florida. The PT 2012 conference was well attended with over 2000 PT and PTAs in attendance.
Front row, left to right: D. Scott Davis, PT, MS, EdD, OCS- WVU; Mark Karnoupakis, SPT- WVU; Laura Foster SPT-WVU, Carol Waggy, PT, PhD, CHT- WVU; Vanessa Schmid SPT-WVU, Elise McClintic, SPT–WVU; Carrie James SPT-WVU; Emily Paff SPT-WVU, Caitlin Beam, SPT-WJU; Laura Stephens SPT-WVU, Sheryl Holt, PT, MS- WJU; Jenna Snyder SPT-WVU, Tiffany Satzer SPT-WVU, Julia Castleberry, MS-PT, DPT – Radford University; Back row, left to right: Ben Adkins, SPT- WVU; Jeremy Whiteman SPT-WVU; Ryan Santangelo SPT-WVU; Allen Marangoni, PT-EdD, MMSc- WJU; Julian Spraggins SPT-WVU; Carrie Abraham, PT, DPT, MPH- WJU; Renee Saffell, SPT-WVU; Joshua Arbaugh SPT-WVU; Jamie Simpson SPT-WVU; Sara Harvey SPT-WVU; Aaron Copeland SPT-WVU; Kimeran Evans PT, DPT - WVU
The West Virginia Physical Therapy Association is proud of the success of the first peer reviewed poster session at the Spring Conference this year. The Research Committee established an application process and guidelines and worked closely with the association webmaster to upgrade the website to accept submissions. The Committee in addition to faculty volunteers from WVU Physical Therapy Department participated in a blinded abstract review process. Of the 19 posters submitted, all met acceptance criteria. The posters were on display all day Saturday, and poster authors were present Saturday morning during an extended break for a question and answer session with conference attendees.
- Conference Attendees listen to featured speaker, Mark DeCarlo’s morning session
- WVPTA Board Members in attendance on April 27, 2012 Board Meeting
- WVPTA incoming President, Eric Tarr, PT, DPT, OCS, MBA and Nancy Tonkin, Executive Director present our out-going President, Lori Lovern, PT, OCS, a plaque at the Membership Meeting at the Stonewall Resort on April 28, 2012
- Pictured are the 19 Poster Abstract Winners who presented their research during a half hour Session at conference on Saturday, April 28, 2012
- 2019 Call for Poster Abstracts
- Nancy Tonkin Distinguished Service Award
- Information for Student Scholarships for APTA Events
- Helpful Links and Webinar Available for New Evaluation Codes
- WJU to host Kinesiotaping
- 2016 Call for Poster Abstracts
- Oct 15, 2016 is the 2016 Global PT Day of Service (PTDOS)
- Continuing Education opportunity for Pediatric PT
- Best Practices for Dispensing Opioids in West Virginia
- Highlights from the 2016 Annual Conference at Stonewall Resort