Best of luck to our Wheeling Jesuit PT students on their international medical outreach! It’s great to see young st… https://t.co/Tgysq9IFZt
By: Eric Shaw, PT and Nancy Tonkin, Executive Director
The 2012 legislative session was extremely busy for the WVPTA due to a number of bills supported by the Chapter and a few introduced that we were active trying to amend. The Legislative Agenda for the year was adopted by the Board of Directors during the December meeting.
The profession continues to have a champion in Delegate Ryan J. Ferns, DPT (D, Ohio County) who introduced two of our major issues: HB 4426—co-pay bill and HB 4468— prohibition against discrimination for PTAs. The good news: both bills passed the House of Delegates unanimously but ran into road blocks by the insurance industry and PEIA in the Senate.
Topic: APS WV CareConnection® Medical PA Technical Training for PT/OT Date: Thursday, March 29, 2012 Time: 4:30 pm, Eastern Daylight Time Meeting Number: 493 110 403 (This meeting does not require a password.)
Audio is a separate function. Please call 1.888.242.1836 / Use Access Code 8489942
Also attached are instructions on how to logon to the Webex website: https://apshealthcare.webex.com
If you have any questions, or need any assistance, please feel free to contact APS by calling 1-800-346-8272, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience and your attention to this matter. We look forward to working with you soon! (If you are not a Physical or Occupational Provider, and have received this email in error, please disregard. This is ONLY for PT/OT providers. Thanks!)
Hello WVPTA Members:
Our co-pay legislation just passed Senate Judiciary on a unanimous vote. Thanks to all who called or visited the legislature to support the bill.
It will be on passage stage on Saturday so it is not totally finished yet. In reality, here is the process for the remainder of the legislature:
1) Bill will be reported at Senate session today at 11:00
2) Bill will be read a first time on Thursday session.
"HB 4426 is WV version of co-pay fairness. Read about other states experience in working for fairness"
- Participate in our Spring into ACTION 5K Run/Walk
- University of Oklahoma Early Intervention Physical Therapist Survey
- 2019 Call for Poster Abstracts
- Nancy Tonkin Distinguished Service Award
- Information for Student Scholarships for APTA Events
- Helpful Links and Webinar Available for New Evaluation Codes
- WJU to host Kinesiotaping
- 2016 Call for Poster Abstracts
- Oct 15, 2016 is the 2016 Global PT Day of Service (PTDOS)
- Continuing Education opportunity for Pediatric PT