The purpose of WVPTA Lobby Day is to build support and educate others about legislative issues affecting physical therapy practice. As part of Lobby Day, you will be briefed about the current status of key legislation and each participant will be provided with talking points and materials to prepare you for individual meetings with your elected officials. For strategic and consistency purposes, we urge that you attend the briefing session so you are prepared to speak with legislators.
Check out the link below and read the details on pages 1-7 and 1-20 from the 2012 Medicare Work Plan. It includes some focus on physical therapy services especially in the following settings: Home Health, Inpatient Rehab Facilities and Nursing Homes.
By Heather Somerville / The Fresno Bee
MERCED -- In a dark room lit only by the razor-thin beams of infrared cameras, University of California at Merced graduate student Carlo Camporesi spends most days -- and many nights -- in the company of avatars.
This isn't the next big sci-fi movie in the making or the latest Nintendo Wii video game. Camporesi is part of a research team working to solve a very real problem -- how to overcome an expected shortage of physical therapists who will work with aging baby boomers.
UC Merced received a $75,000 grant through the UC system for five graduate students to begin creating a software program this year that uses avatars to provide physical therapy to the elderly.
An introductory course in lymphedema, assessment and bandaging techniques for both upper and lower extremities.
Presenter: Blair Johe, PT
November 4, 2011
Pierpont Community and Technical College Gaston Caperton Center 501 West Main Street Room 148 Clarksburg, West Virginia
6 Hour CE Course
The presentations by Robert E. DuVall, PT, DHSc, MMSc, ATC, OCS, SCS, FAAOMPT, DAC, CSCS
- Day 1 - April 16, 2011 - Consumer Self-Referral: Advanced Keys to Collaborative Practice
- Day 2 - April 17, 2011 - Consumer Self-Referral: Diversified Reimbursement Issues & Effective Marketing Strategies
- 2019 Call for Poster Abstracts
- Nancy Tonkin Distinguished Service Award
- Information for Student Scholarships for APTA Events
- Helpful Links and Webinar Available for New Evaluation Codes
- WJU to host Kinesiotaping
- 2016 Call for Poster Abstracts
- Oct 15, 2016 is the 2016 Global PT Day of Service (PTDOS)
- Continuing Education opportunity for Pediatric PT
- Best Practices for Dispensing Opioids in West Virginia
- Highlights from the 2016 Annual Conference at Stonewall Resort