The survey is related to Early Intervention (EI) physical therapists' use of the International Classification of Functioning, Health and Disability for Children and Youth (ICF-CY) in clinical practice.
The survey attempts to reach as many Early Intervention physical therapists, working with children ages birth to 3, as possible.
The survey takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and EI PT participants are eligible to enter a drawing for a $75 Amazon gift card.
Abstract Submissions Accepted: December 10, 2018 thru January 28, 2019.
The date posters will be displayed is TBA. During the conference with 45 minutes scheduled for presenters to be available at their poster for a question and answer session.
There is a $25.00 fee for submission of each abstract from practitioners and a $15.00 fee for student submissions. Payment is accepted via PayPal. This fee assists in covering the cost of room rental for the poster presentations as well as the online abstract submission site. Each individual may submit a maximum of two abstracts as the presenting author but may submit an unlimited number of abstracts as a secondary author. If an abstract is selected, the presenting author must register for the Sunday portion of the conference and is responsible for the cost of meals. All applicants must be WVPTA members or be sponsored by a member. Please contact the WVPTA office regarding sponsorship.
All abstracts must be submitted online. Each abstract will be reviewed by three members of the Research Committee Abstract Review Team who will make the final decision regarding acceptance.
Abstracts require author information with credentials, contact information, place of employment, and email. Please ensure all contact information is correct. All future correspondence may occur via email. There is a 3,125 character limit including spaces but not authors or institutions. All abstracts must include the following required fields.
Purpose of the Award
To acknowledge and honor an outstanding West Virginia Physical Therapy Association member whose contributions to the profession of physical therapy are of exceptional and enduring value and representative of the dedication and service provided by Nancy Tonkin.
The nominee must be a member (PT or PTA) of the Chapter for a minimum of 10 years and has made a significant contribution to the physical therapy profession.
Members of the Executive Committee (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Chief Delegate and PTA Caucus Representative) are not be eligible for the award during their term of service.
The WV Chapter of the APTA wishes to support students in physical therapist and physical therapist assistant education programs in WV who hope to further themselves and their profession by supporting their attendance at one of the following events:
January 23-26, 2019 - APTA Combined Sections Meeting (CSM)
Applications due to chapter office by October 15
• March 31-April 2, 2019 - Federal Advocacy Forum
Applications due to chapter office by December 1
• April 27-28, 2019 – WVPTA Spring Conference – Student Volunteers
Applications due to chapter office by January 15
• June 12-15, 2019 - APTA NEXT / HOD National Conference and Exposition
Applications due to chapter office by March 15
• October 2019- APTA National Student Conclave (NSC)
Applications due to chapter office by July 15
One $500.00 scholarship will be awarded for each conference. Award amount may be split should applications warrant it.
1. Must be a current student of an established or developing CAPTE accredited PT or PTA program in WV (can be in any year of the program).
2. Must be a student member of the APTA/WVPTA at the time of application. Copy of membership card must be attached to the application.
Scholarship winners must submit an article for the WV Chapter Newsletter within a deadline of 30 days past the event for submission for the upcoming newsletter.
1. Applications can be obtained by contacting the WV Chapter office or by visiting the website (see contact information below). Students can visit the APTA website (www.apta.org) for more information on each of the specific events.
2. Awarded applicants will be notified within 10 days of the final decision for planning purposes
- Virtual Poster Session 2020
- APTA Centennial Scholars Program
- Observation Hours Task Force Surveys
- Telehealth & E-visits
- COVID-19 Support
- CMS waivers to allow PTs to participate in e-visits for patient care.
- University of Oklahoma Early Intervention Physical Therapist Survey
- 2019 Call for Poster Abstracts
- Nancy Tonkin Distinguished Service Award
- Information for Student Scholarships for APTA Events