The WV Chapter of the APTA wishes to support students in physical therapist and physical therapist assistant education programs in WV who hope to further themselves and their profession by supporting their attendance at one of the following events:
January 23-26, 2019 - APTA Combined Sections Meeting (CSM)
Applications due to chapter office by October 15
• March 31-April 2, 2019 - Federal Advocacy Forum
Applications due to chapter office by December 1
• April 27-28, 2019 – WVPTA Spring Conference – Student Volunteers
Applications due to chapter office by January 15
• June 12-15, 2019 - APTA NEXT / HOD National Conference and Exposition
Applications due to chapter office by March 15
• October 2019- APTA National Student Conclave (NSC)
Applications due to chapter office by July 15
One $500.00 scholarship will be awarded for each conference. Award amount may be split should applications warrant it.
1. Must be a current student of an established or developing CAPTE accredited PT or PTA program in WV (can be in any year of the program).
2. Must be a student member of the APTA/WVPTA at the time of application. Copy of membership card must be attached to the application.
Scholarship winners must submit an article for the WV Chapter Newsletter within a deadline of 30 days past the event for submission for the upcoming newsletter.
1. Applications can be obtained by contacting the WV Chapter office or by visiting the website (see contact information below). Students can visit the APTA website (www.apta.org) for more information on each of the specific events.
2. Awarded applicants will be notified within 10 days of the final decision for planning purposes